Do you know the advantages and disadvantages of ear plugs?
Ear plugs can be mass-produced or individually molded to fit the ear. They can be reusable
or disposable. On the positive side, they are simple to use, less expensive than muffs, and
often more comfortable to wear when in hot or damp work areas. Some disadvantages are they
provide less noise protection than some muffs, and should not be used in areas exceeding 105
DBA. They are not as visible as muffs, making it more difficult for supervisor to check to
see if workers are wearing them. They must be properly inserted and inserted hygienically to
provide adequate protection.
1. small and easily carried
2. convenient to use with other personal protection equipment
3. more comfortable for long-term wear in hot, humid work areas
4. convenient for use in confined work areas
1. requires more time to fit
2. more difficult to insert and remove
3. require good hygiene practices
4. may irritate the ear canal
5. easily misplaced
6. more difficult to see and monitor usage
We're Here to Help
Tel: 86-29-8835-0620, 8835-0630
Address: Room 505, Tower C, Van Metropolis, No. 35 Tangyan Road, Xi'an, 710065 China.