Do you know the standard which safety shoes should conform with?
All working footwear, for both men and women, whether it is safety wear or not, should
provide comfort without compromising protective value. In addition, protective footwear
should conform with CSA Standard CAN/CSA-Z195-14.
1. A steel toe cap should cover the whole length of the toes from tips to beyond the natural
bend of the foot. A soft pad covering the edge of the toecap increases comfort. If the
toecap cuts into the foot, either the size or style of the footwear is incorrect.
2. Soles come in a variety of thicknesses and materials. They need to be chosen according to
the hazards and types of flooring in the workplace.
3. Uppers of protective footwear come in a variety of materials. Selection should take into
account the hazards, and individual characteristics of the worker's foot.
4. A steel midsole which protects the foot against penetration by sharp objects should be
flexible enough to allow the foot to bend.
5. No one type of non-slip footwear can prevent the wearer from slipping on every surface
We're Here to Help
Tel: 86-29-8835-0620, 8835-0630
Address: Room 505, Tower C, Van Metropolis, No. 35 Tangyan Road, Xi'an, 710065 China