Do you know the split leather for the leather glove?
Split leather is the term most often heard within the glove industry, but you’re probably
more familiar with its other name: suede.
When the leather is first removed from the hide of an animal, it’s extremely thick. So, the
first thing we do with the leather is split it cross-sectionally, into layers. The bottom
layer is made into what we call “split-leather.”
When it comes to work gloves, split-leather has several different advantages:
1. Split-leather has high abrasion resistance: This has to do with its dense fibers and how
they lock together.
2. No synthetic product offers anything close to its level of abrasion resistance.
3. Split-leather has amazing puncture resistance.
4. Impressive flexibility compared to other types of leather.
5. More water resistant than grain leather.
We're Here to Help
Tel: 86-29-8835-0620, 8835-0630
Address: Room 505, Tower C, Van Metropolis, No. 35 Tangyan Road, Xi'an, 710065 China